DIM - My daughter's 7th Birthday Party
I mean, yes, we celebrate birthdays and it's just right to celebrate birthdays because kids love it! However you celebrate it as long as there are balloons, cake, friends and most especially, presents :)
What I don't understand really is why is it that there is a need to insert unnecessary part of the program such as 7 Gifts, 7 chocolates, 7 cash (like what??? asking money from guests is like --- what???) and other 7 whatever they can think of. I don't understand the need. I mean the kids don't even know what to say to their friend (aside from asking, are we going to watch magic now?) I didn't bother to add such on my daughter's party. I really don't think the need. If it's her 18th birthday I will not question it, but right now, NO. I may be a killjoy, but NO. Sorry. (I sound annoying, really :) ) This is just me you guys, nothing against it, I just don't understand it, but you can do it whenever you like. Ignore me. Haha!
Okay, so what I really want to talk about is my pieces of DIY on my daughter's party. In case you didn't notice, DIM means Done It Myself. So that will be part of my blog from now on. Haha, so what have I done for the party myself???
First of all, the theme my daughter chose is Inside Out. So I was wondering how am i going to pull this party off as there was no Inside Out theme available just yet unless I do a DIY. So I did a DIY and I enjoyed it so much.
- Stage Character Backdrops
At first, I did a prototype of the stage that I had in mind. A little close to the movie's poster. Printed part by part on legal size bond paper, and pasted on balikbayan cardboard box.
|Finally finished them all after 1 week.|
- Stage Design
I was like a mother so proud of her daughter dancing ballet on stage. Lol.
- Family Uniform
Personally vectored the characters and printed them on the shirts.
For those who doesn't know, this is an ongoing business. Shoot me an email if you'd like me to create yours for you. :)
- Rainbow Cake
This is the last DIY I did before the party. I stayed up until 4:00 AM to finish the cake. Too bad someone scraped a little of the icing just before the party started. :( I was really disappointed you guys, the effort I gave just to make it perfect was gone. =( Anyway, I'm OK now. =) By the way, I will make another post for the recipe of this cake. :)
- Candy Station
- Gift Station
It was a little off the center, but didn't care. Didn't even bother to place it well. haha my OC-ness cooperated and just let me went with the flow.
- Calendar give-aways
This has been my tradition, since daughter's birthday was January, I thought of giving away calendars on her birthday. :)
My hubby and others thought it's a lot of work, but it's really my passion so I went ahead and did it myself. :) I was exhausted, I won't deny that, but it's the good kind of exhaustion. Haha. I am also thinking of this as my business, that needs to push through this year. :)
Other suppliers for the party:
- Venue - Tribeca Residences, East Service Road, Sucat, Muntinlupa City - You will need an endorser to rent their event's place
- Host - Host Erney Arcilla - Seriously guys if you love your child, get him as your host. He hosted one of my friends' party and me and my husband loved his style so I swore that on the next birthday party of one of our children, we will get him, so we did :) Click on the link on his name and inquire! :) He's really good.
- Cupcakes - Mau's Cupcake Cafe - Super delicious and super cute!!!
- Catering - Quiddos Grill and Catering Services - If you find no endorser and would like to hold the party at Tribeca, they can endorse you as long as you get their catering service. :) They are good and the food is delicious :)
So there I go, like I said, I enjoyed it very much and I hope that I can get it to business this year :)