Just last month, I learned my children looooves Leche Flan, so I decided to make one since I know how to make one myself. :) Cheaper, and more special since my kids saw me making it for them. They were excited and even tried to help me in the kitchen.
First, what is a Leche Flan? In the Philippines, we call it Leche Flan. Worldwide, it's known as Caramel Pudding.
Leche in Spanish means MILK.
Flan means a baked dish consisting of an open-topped pastry case with a savory or sweet filling.So basically, Leche Flan means baked milk. :) Internationally, this dish can also be called Creme Caramel or Caramel Pudding. My children loves this so much, baking 5 of it is not enough. :)
So I will share my recipe of this amazing food, not too soft and not too sweet, just right and tasty.
- - 10 Large Eggs
- - 2 Cans of Condensed Milk (300 ml)
- - 1 Can of Evaporated Milk (370 ml)
- - 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- - 1 tsp. Lemon Extract / Or you may use Lemon Zest
- - Sugar
- - Water
- - You will also need Llanera Mold, Steamer, aluminum foil and rubber band.
- 1. Separate the yolk from the egg whites. Set aside the egg whites.
- 2. Beat the yolks carefully until blended.
- 3. Mix in the 2 cans of Condensed milk and 1 can of evaporated milk.
- 4. Stir properly until well blended.
- 5. Pour in the vanilla extract and lemon extract or lemon zest. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- 6. For the caramel syrup: Pour 1 tablespoon of sugar in the Llanera Mold and 1 tablespoon of water. Put over medium heat and slightly cook it until it gets brown. Set aside.
- 7. Once all Llanera molds have caramel syrup, pour the milk mixture halfway of the mold. You can fill up to 6 llanera molds for this recipe.
- 8. Cover the molds with aluminum foil and seal with rubber band.
- 9. Place them all in the steamer.
- 10. Cook for 30 minutes or until mixture is firm.
- 11. Put in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- 12. Serve with a smile. :)
|Turn it upside down for a more "dramatically delicious" effect. :)|
I promise you it's not too sweet, just right you will ask for more!!! But be careful, especially to my diabetic friends :) Watch your sugar. :)
Have you tried my recipe? Comment your experience and your suggestion for improvement! :) All is welcome!